Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
moonrise

Hubby also learned some 20 years or so ago really quick by having a bad attitude the feel of my cast iron skillet across his head. That's another story for another time.

So many of us have allowed men to verbally and mentally abuse us let alone physically do so that enough is enough. Mine use to verbally abuse me for years until the day I used that cast iron skillet on across his head.
Verbal and mental abuse are (of course) wrong, but how is physically hurting someone okay? Your post said he had a "bad attitude". I'm sure that was very frustrating, but it doesn't sound like a situation of self defense (i.e. a gun being pointed at you).

Short of being in desperate fear for my life, I can't imagine hitting someone in the head with anything, much less something as heavy as an iron skillet. It doesn't take much of an impact for brain damage to occur ... or worse.

I'm not trying to be a "party pooper" here, but still ... :shock: :?

FWIW, I do agree with everything else you said, and I'm fortunate to have a husband who fully supports and encourages everything I do (and vice versa). :)