Thread: Doily quilt?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 03:23 AM
CoolJulUtah

I bought a pattern at the Quilt Market in Salt Lake City this spring called, "Treasured." I fell in love with the quilt the minute I saw it!!! You can go here to see the pattern:

http://www.quiltsoupblog.com

As of right now, the quilt is shown in the blog in the 7th post down. Look at the close-up picture of the flower block. The quilt that was at the show had the white flower attached to a doily and then attached the doily to the quilt instead of attaching the white flower to the peach (pink?) circle like it shows in the picture. The flower only allows about 1/2" of the doily to show but it outlines around the flower so beautifully! I wish you could have seen the fabrics used! They were amazing! In person the quilt looked sort of antique because of the fabric used and the doilies behind each flower. Kind of like something you would find in Grandma's old cedar chest! I'm so jealous of how many doilies each of you have!!! Unfortunately, when I get around to making this quilt (after I find the perfect fabric) I'll have to buy my doilies because I don't know how to crochet. Maybe I can try some yard sales or something like that???