Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 AM
MissM

Originally Posted by Up North
Kids are so much more sensitive than they used to be my kids were bullied but learned to stand up for themselves. My son is a teacher I will ask him how they handle this now. I remember my youngest son had a "friend" that bullied him, one day at home he sat on him and told him how it was, he was about 12 or 13 the boy went crying to his mom who sent his older brother over to take care of it LOL I said No
Way let them work it out!! They are best buds now.
This is not true. I grew up in a poor family. I also went to a country school. When the schools were consildated and we had to go to the "city" school I had two strikes against me...I was an outsider and I was poor...it was vey hard to make friends. I was picked on, kids talked about me, many times loud whispers as I walked down the hall, ...the teachers did nothing. You were suppose to "buck up". My parents could do nothing it was all they could do to feed and cloth all 8 of us. Life was not as "rosey" as you may think. This was very painful and it affected my ability to concetrate on my studies, and as a result I was just an average student. This affected my self esteem for a very long, I even went through a period of depression. After high school, I ended up in a failed marriage ...I was seeking someone to love me..he was abusive. Took me a long time to find my present husband of 38 years. It has also taken me a long time to build my self esteem. I finally went to college after having kids, and now have worked my way up through the ranks and into a mangement position. It was tough.