View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:46 AM
patricej
Administrator

this is certainly a good cause. it's close to my own heart for a lot of reasons. please do NOT take the following information to mean i'm trying to say quilts for our Warriors aren't one of the best things we quilters could ever do for another human being. they definitely are.

i just wanted to let you know that the term "wounded" can mean many things. not all wounds are physical. not all wounds are drastic. most Wounded Warriors recover completely - mentally, physically and emotionally.

this is not to say we should think it's no big deal. i just wanted those of you who may not have the privilege of personally knowing and working with our Warriors - wounded or not - to be reassured that the news for each of them does not remain entirely bad.

of course i encourage anyone who can and wants to send a quilt (or more) to do so. but, if it isn't within your resources ... here's something you could do instead.

if you see someone in uniform, say "thank you".
if you see someone you know used to be in uniform, say "thank you".

trust me ... you will make a difference you can't measure.

no military in your town? go to the nearest major airport one day. keep your eyes "peeled". you'll find at least one. ;-)

Army Strong!
Semper Fi!
Anchors Away!
Fly, Fight and Win!