Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please, I'm Begging All of You >

Please, I'm Begging All of You

Please, I'm Begging All of You

Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Absolutely they love the different themed and different sets. They love the ones made from old jeans. Touches of home, flowers for the women, remember they are fighting in a man's world but I happen to know they DO like to get flowers on their quilts.

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 07-10-2009, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
that info is worth at least a quarter. might even need to pull out the paper money! ;-)
No, just send stash! lol

I've had people ask me how to tell if they are younger, meaning just joined or not. Guess some just wanted to send to the young ones thinking that they probably missed their families more. I would tell them that it really doesn't matter. They ALL miss their families.
Right now we are in the midst of having our "penciled" orders cancelled and hubby going to the "giant sandbox" for a tour. Not sure how I feel about that, but if they say he has to go, then he has to go. Nothing I can do.
Sending prayers your way.
I guess with David OTR I understand the being gone all the time. It is very hard and takes a very strong woman to love and support. Having him sent into a war zone has to add more stress.

Thanks for the Marine link I will have to make a couple and send them.
I forgot all about anysolider need to find a marine from Idaho in honor of David.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 PM

My prayers are with the families and the ones who are deployed. Speaking as a woman who was deployed while on active duty I can tell you that anything from home is great. I can also tell you that it was harder having my daughter deploy 3 days after I got home. What I did was send lots of letters, home made stuff and of course silly stuff. The silly stuff was a great hit. My daughter worked in the medical career field so I sent ring suckers (by the 100s--from bulkfoods.com), water balloons, patriotic decorations since it was memorial day, etc. She, in turn, would share with the troops in the hospital.
NOTHING beats a note, letter, or package from the states...no matter how big or small.
Thanks to all who serve and all who support those who serve.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 AM

SharonC,
Thank you so much for your service and love of our beloved America. I would hug you and give you a good old cry if I were near you. I'm so grateful to you and your daughter for all you've done for the safety of our citizens.

Sharon D
Old 07-13-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
SharonC,
Thank you so much for your service and love of our beloved America. I would hug you and give you a good old cry if I were near you. I'm so grateful to you and your daughter for all you've done for the safety of our citizens.

Sharon D
Thanks...it was a great adventure and one I'm so proud of, especially being a naturalized citizen. The least I could do for my country :)