Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Begging for Forgiveness

I have not been on the board for quite awhile now. My life has been turned upside down by illnesses in my family and by loosing my unemployment and not being able to find a job. I made promises to some of you about sending out some things, and I simply could not follow through. You know who you are and I ask for your forgiveness. May everyone on the board have a year full of blessings.

Ya know, life happens. I'm sure you feel bad about it but things happen. I'm sure whoever you promised things to will understand. Hope things go much better for you this year. :thumbup:

Gosh, Gramma Nan, I hope you can find a job soon. I know how it is around here though. My DDIL has been out of work for 6 months now. Hope something breaks soon!!!

Grammanan - I feel for you! My husband has lost his unemployment and still doesn't have a job. We have 3 kids and are doing whatever we can to get by right now. I just keep reminding myself that there are always less fortunate people out there than us and this summer I will look back and say, WOW! How did we ever get through that! Keep sewing if you're able. Maybe make yourself a prayer quilt and pray with every stitch that goes into it. Things will get better, but it will take time. I will be thinking of you and please feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Matt. 6:14 For if you forgive men who sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
    Hope your new year is brighter. trust in God.

hope you find work and your heath issues get better.

Everyone no matter who they are or where they live has times in their life that are very good and times that are very trying. The trying times stretch us, allow us to grow and change. These troubled times will pass and better days will come. All you can do is take one day at a time and make that day the best that it can be. Here's hoping that life will soon be a little easier for you and yours.

No need to beg!! My hubby has been out of work for two years also, his unemployment just ran out too! There are a lot of people in your boat. You are not alone!!
    {{{ hugs to you and your family }}}

Quote Originally Posted by sally's girl
    Matt. 6:14 For if you forgive men who sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
    Is this situation really a sin?

I know what you are going through with illness in the family.
    My hours were cut to about nothing too.
    Just 4 1/2 a week I just signed up for unemployment too I don't like too but I have to live and eat.

I wouldn't feel bad because you couldn't meet the promises.
    I have learned Life goes on in many different ways.
    If someone gets mad at you they aren't your friend.
    I found out the hard way in life.

I need a sewing machine because mine broke and I can't afford one now I just can cut and put away things to sew later.
    I don't even buy anything for sewing either.
    I love to read all the things people are buying maybe someday again if not oh well I guess I'm not suppose to have it.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    We still love you.
    Will be thinking about you and praying for you! Things will get better...you'll see! :)

QM
    hugs to you. You should not feel guilt for things that are WAY beyond your control. May this year see your needs met.

Hang in there.
    We're all here for you.
    Karen

sorry hope things turn around for you

sorry hope things turn around for you

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear that. You worry about yourself and not the ones you made promises too. If they don't understand then that's their problem. Hopefully something will come thru for you. Bless you sweety.

Warm hugs to you. My husband's job got downsized and out the door over 2 years ago. He still hasn't found a job, he just turned 61 and no one seems to want to hire an elder. His unemployment ran out last July. I retired early but my SS doesn't cover everything. Hubby can't collect his yet. I'm thankful our son has been able to help from time to time but we try not to burden him. I'll pray your family gets well and 2011 will be a good year for employment.

I have missed you! I was wondering where you been just the other day!

I am sure that everyone is quite aware that things happen far beyond our control. I am in total sympathy with you! I lost my job almost 2 years ago and I also am still unemployed. I will continue to receive unemployment until mid march, after that I dont know.
    God has challenges for all of us, we may not understand the reasons, but in the end we are stonger and have a good understanding of who our friends are. Please take care and I have realized that times like these are truely what brings people closer.
    Good Luck.
    Michele

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I'm sorry to hear that. You worry about yourself and not the ones you made promises too. If they don't understand then that's their problem. Hopefully something will come thru for you. Bless you sweety.
    She is right. Hugs.

Situations change in a heartbeat - friends realize that, and understand! Sending a prayer your way that things start looking brighter, and in the meantime, here's a big (((HUG))) You know you always have friends to help shoulder your worries

welcome home.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by sally's girl
    Is this situation really a sin?
    I'm sure the poster did NOT mean this to indicate Gramma Nan had "sinned". This passage reinforces the principle of the power of forgiveness...in ANY situation. Praise also works the same way.

God very specifically tells us to seek wisdom, not read our own into His word.

Jan in VA

Best of luck to you.

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    Everyone has situations and devastation...Hope things are looking up for you now...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast