Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM
newBe

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by newBe
Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Yes, that is the collection. I have purchased six of the prints, including the one shown.
Well, newBe, that's a really interesting collection.

If I were using those in a LC block - again, my personal preference - I might look at one of the many motifs in the fabric, and fussy cut them for use as the center block.
It could be from the one shown in the link above, or one of the others.
Maybe the circles in this one? Or the curlicues?
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-TT-8663-BLUE

Keeps it all in the family, blendable, not so jarring as an accent color on the opposite side of the color wheel (like the orange - you said you preferred the darker look).

And, since you're using it for the logs, you'll have shots of the color going through them as well.

Again, personal preference.

But it's a lovely fabric collection. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do.
I wondered if the center of that piece might be suitable for a fancy-cut center, but wasn't yet sure of the scale. (I've been so surprised when I actually receive the fabric that is ordered off the internet re: scale!) In addition to Hancock's of Paducah, there are additional coordinates including EQ903 Plume Abstract-Gold/Jade, EQ911 Plume Abstract-Gold, EQ906 Plume Leaves-Gold and EQ908 Plume Leaves Gold/Turquoise at Fabric.com. that would be considered if the fancy-cut fabric option is not feasible. If you select the family FROM THE NEW ARRIVALS PAGE, the six fabrics which I purchased (from Hancock's actually) pull up in the first two rows.