View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by LindaWheattall
Has anyone ever been short changed on the amount of fabric? I've bought fabric and fusible there and sometimes I only get 32-34 inches. It's too far to waste the gas to take it back.
I have never been shorted-but a few times, if there are a couple of extra inches onthe bolt, they just give it to me. I say something like oh, that last couple of inches isn't really good for anything-it's crooked and will have to be cut off and lost, anyway. The staff at the 2 Joann's I go to, for the most part, are really nice. I think it also helps for you to be over-friendly and smile, as that seems to soften them. Anyway, I am lucky. But, I also watch each measurement and even comment so they know I am watching, but not so they think I am not trusting them. I would keep a close watch and remember which employee shorted you, and report it to the manager of the store-in a nice way-like they just made a mistake. I don't like to make waves unless necessary, as I still would want a pleasant shopping experience everytime I go.