View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 11:01 AM
2wheelwoman

I've donated a number of quilts to the Soldier's Angels organization, which has the same quilt delivery goals, but not the quilt police that QoV seemed to have with all the restrictions. The original piece on QoV that I read said they wanted "heirloom quality" quilts, and as a beginning quilter that was quite daunting. They would also not accept any tied quilts, nor did they want stitched-in-the-ditch, which is all I've done thus far. Perhaps their rules have changed somewhat from a couple of years ago and its easier to comply now, though I was told at this years Road-to-California QoV booth that they will not accept tied quilts. I'm still partial to Soldier's Angels. Soldier's Angels were extremely appreciative of all my quilts - both tied and stitched in the ditch.

Regardless of which organization you choose, the goals here are the same....getting a tangible hug to them to let the soldiers know they are supported and thought about. I agree with Suz - we can all make and donate at least one. I got my Guild involved and we've made a lot now, and have a good time working on them together, like old fashioned quilting bees.