View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 AM
blondeslave

I went through something similar at the cafeteria in the building where I work this week. I rarely buy lunch but occasionally there's nothing left in the fridge. The cafeteria has a small salad bar and it has always been that you can fill a reasonably sized plastic container they have with whatever and regardless of weight the price is $5.00. It's not a big container just a medioum sized bubble container. The manager running the cafeteria never weighs the salads just charges $5.00-he's the one who explained this to me when we moved to the new building. He wasn't there and first I noticed that the salad bar was a little skimpy that day but there was the usual lettuce tomatoe olives etc so I went ahead. Mind you today I had brought a $20 with me but most times I have $5 and that's it. So the girl at the register asks to weigh my salad which I thought was odd but handed it over. She then asks me for $7.00. I questioned the price and they said the boss had made this change this week. So I paid the $7.00 but started looking to see where the change was posted and found nothing. I very nicely suggested that if this change was made it should be posted. The eye rolling was priceless. Anyway, as I was walking toward the door I glanced at the side of the salad bar where it was very prominantly posted that the salad was $5.00 for the bowl. Now a little aggravated I pointed this out to them and got my $2.00 back. I would have been very embarrased if I had only brought $5.00 with me. The manager has every right to change prices but changes should be posted.