View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
sewmary

At my Joanns I have learned not to go at the "off" times - it is totally horrible to TRY get one of the two people working to check you out. For two spools of thread I really needed I waited almost 15 minutes for someone to show up. Went looking but couldn't find a soul. It was tempting to walk out without paying but I couldn't do that. Next time I am going to stand there and yell for someone to come!

Cutting of fabric: I agree that fabric should be cut accurately. But I don't expect to get "something for nothing" either. If I wanted an inch or two extra every time I would ask for that to be cut and would expect to pay for it. If a yard is needed and you know the fabric will shrink get a yard and 1/8. Businesses big and small run on something called "margins" and whatever they give away in one place they have to make it up somewhere else.

My LQS always cuts generously but their prices are high on everything so they make up for it somewhere. I admire the LQS owner here who cuts generously and expects increased sales and nothing else. Her margins must be outstanding!