Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM
LindaM49

I received the offer in the mail from BH&G for American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. 2 years and pay for 1 plus the free gift of 101 Expert Tips booklet. I've done a search here and found a LOT of posts saying they love this magazine.

I decided to go out on the web and check out Amazon's reviews since I DO order stuff from a lot of stuff from them.

7 reviews and 4 people gave it 5 stars, 1 person gave it 4 stars and then 1 gave it 2 and another gave it 1. I was more interested in the 2 low ratings. The person who gave it 1 star said something like just because your grandmother quilted doesn't make you an expert...refering to the editor. She said the editor needs more experience. Then the person that gave it 2 stars said...the projects seemed to be designed more for the high end sewing machines, too much applique' projects, ads
and modern looking patterns. Her review also stated too many beginner projects or seriously complex or way too contemporary. She then commented about an article from a textile designer that wasn't about quilting etc. and said..."BLEH".

All of that above to say that I am looking at all of the papers that came yesterday and I see several things I like just in those.

So...for those who DO have a subscription to this magazine...who do I believe? LOL