View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Piedmont Quilter

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by Loretta
Can't I just take my quilts to the local Vets hospital? Surely they would know people who need them?
How's this? Lets not pile on with criticism of QoV. Let each person read about the organization and decide whether they are comfortable donating through QoV or would prefer to make a quilt (or other donation) for a Warrior and send it through a different route.

I'm making quilts right now that i'll send to mimisharon. she knows how to get them to active military and to a veterans' hospital.

the Army has set up an information program for people interested in donating to soldiers and families: http://giftstoarmy.army.mil/ (i'm "heavy" on information about the Army because i happen to work on an Army post. does anybody know of something similar for the other services?)
Thanks for the "wake-up call" on this subject Patrice. Not that I agree or disagree with how this organization handles their donations - the idea of sending to, or contacting mimisharon for delivery is wonderful! She lives right there in Jacksonville - that's a NO BRAINER!!!!