Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
mac

Originally Posted by deedum
Originally Posted by plainpat
I'm way older than most posters on the board & that's one thing I'm thankful for....other interests have faded away.

Quilting is such a part of my life,no room/no interest in other stuff.Reading was my 1st love & now,I can hardly find time to read a book. :-D
Isn't it a shame when we don't read like we used too! I used to read, read, read. Now, I read on this board, then go to work, maybe get in a few minutes to quilt.
I solved the reading problem by listening to audio books. If you are computer savvy, you can get audio books downloaded to your mp3 player or ipod. I listen while I sew or I listen to the audio cd's in the car to and from work. It is amazing how many books to can read just going to and from work or even just running errands.

As for the other problem of too many interests...

I was a crafter, gardener, photography student, with many other interests that I can't even remember to list, but when quilting came into my life (circa 1973) that was it. It became really clear to me that I could only afford one major hobby and quilting won hands down.
mac