Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM

I am wondering how old you have to be before the interest in activities lessens. I am 76 and am always finding something new that sounds interesting. Right now quilting is my "main" passion, but there are so many more. Not enough time so just do other things in spurts. Such as making my own greeting and Christmas cards, rubber stamping, baking, canning, going to grandchildrens h.s. activites, and on and on. Not enough hours in the day. We also enjoy camping and go to Florida in the winter. Also to Colorado for a week in March. Next April going on a cruise with daughter's family. Don't have time to get old!!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Over the years (really dating myself here) I have done macrame', decopauge', candle-making, some weaving, knitting, crochet, lots of cross stitch (at least 40 pieces given away - none in my home), hooking rugs, sewing clothing, draperies, suits & ties & shirts for hubby, sewed backpacks, purses (sold them for a while), wreaths at Christmas time, many types of ornaments - fabric, clay, painted, etc, made my own cards, reupholstered furniture. cannot forget quilting!
I still have Tennessee Walker horses (expensive hobby), garden (which includes drying, freezing, canning all I can). I have 2 bushels of apples waiting to be made into applesauce & applebutter in the next few days.
I guess I indeed do have too many things I like to do!

I believe each of us is put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of tasks. At this rate, I have so much to do, I should live to be 300!!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM

This is to Everbtrue, can you elaborate on the cards you make for the military? Would ages 5 through 13 be able to do this?? Joyce (Westpond)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM

Too MANY interests?

You mean... between my love for quilting, hanging out with my grand kids, beach combing with the dogs, cooking, antiquing, baking, stamping, growing orchids, growing African Violets, summer flower gardening and playing on the computer a person can have TOO many interest?? Crud.. I hadn't realized that... Now.. I'm depressed....LOL

I will have to live 10 lifetimes to get everything done that I've set out to do. I can honestly say.. I am NEVER EVER bored! I just wish there were 40 hrs in a day instead of 24.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:06 PM

i'm with you, never enough hours in "my" day!! Too many places to go, things to see, people to "annoy".....