Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 AM

Crochet, Knit, Cardmaking and a few others. I have to really work on finishing a project. I'm quilting a queen size quilt and pieceing a lap quilt. Must make a lap quilt for my husband for Christmas and I make all my Christmas cards I send. Hope some of my hobbies fade. But not quilting.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM

I am living in a retirement facility. It amazes me that so many people here say they are bored. Of course I choose too many projects to do myself, but then there are so many activities available here as well.

I do think life is what you make it. I often remind myself that it is better to be overwhelmed with things to complete than to be bored!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM

LOL.. I have the crazy picture in my head of your entire room being taken over by the loom and you are sitting on the couch peeking up over it to see the television>>>LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
mac

Originally Posted by deedum
Originally Posted by plainpat
I'm way older than most posters on the board & that's one thing I'm thankful for....other interests have faded away.

Quilting is such a part of my life,no room/no interest in other stuff.Reading was my 1st love & now,I can hardly find time to read a book. :-D
Isn't it a shame when we don't read like we used too! I used to read, read, read. Now, I read on this board, then go to work, maybe get in a few minutes to quilt.
I solved the reading problem by listening to audio books. If you are computer savvy, you can get audio books downloaded to your mp3 player or ipod. I listen while I sew or I listen to the audio cd's in the car to and from work. It is amazing how many books to can read just going to and from work or even just running errands.

As for the other problem of too many interests...

I was a crafter, gardener, photography student, with many other interests that I can't even remember to list, but when quilting came into my life (circa 1973) that was it. It became really clear to me that I could only afford one major hobby and quilting won hands down.
mac
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM

sewing, quilting, scrap booking, card making, music, reading, knitting, photography and of course spending time with my 3 grandsons :-) not too many I just prioritize...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Yes and my full time job gets in the way of them all the time.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Yes, I have too many interests and my husband agrees. Besides my job being an EMT I am the Vice-President of the local emergency squad of which I have belonged for 26 years. I always have been extremely active. My latest project has taken six years, being the new building committee chairperson. I am also the Town Emergency Manager of the Office of Emergency Management. That sometimes takes up a great deal of time. I am on several other town committees. I certainly glad my husband does all the cooking. Plus I have to find time to quilt because I donate quilts for organizations to auction. I always make one for the Doubleday Golf Tournament for my son who was killed in 2005. All proceeds go to his son's college education. He, unfortunately, did not get to meet his son because Nevan was born three months after Dru died.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 PM

Running. It is my first love and is equal to my love for quilting. Tennis shoes don't take up as much space as quilting stuff. I'm training for a marathon amd I'm working on a quilt. It's a win-win situation. I'm a slim and healthy quilter.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 AM

I have way to many other interests such as quilting, making jewelry, fine art painting, crochet, ceramics, photoraphy, flower arangements, greeting cards, wood working, and gardening. My hubby and I go biking, trail walking, camping on the weekends. During the winter we do mall walking.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:01 PM

Yes, I have many interests. There are so many things to do that are so much fun. And there are still loads I haven't tried! But sewing is my passion. It is the one that I always come back to. I just do the otheres occassionaly.