Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM

I also like other things--but quilting has kind of taken over lately. But reading, gardening, and computer time are all important.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 PM

I get myself into so much "stuff" it makes my head hurt sometimes - then I just stop and read a book! sharet
Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

I've done any number of crafts over the years, making my own clothes, general sewing, knitting, crocheting, ceramics, doll clothes, etc., but then I discovered quilting, basically self-taught with a few classes along the way, but the quilting bug bit me and I remain a quilting addict. Even my sister said that quilting was the one thing that stuck.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 PM

I,like most everyone else on the Board, have dabbled in other art forms for a long time...but quilting is THE one that has "stuck" and just seems to lend itself to more involvement from me as time goes on. I still surrender occasionally to some other forms of art, but for the most part the sewing machines remain "queen" in this house...all 12 of them!!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by Kimcatlou
Since I will turn 80 tomorrow, there is no way I can live long enough to do all the things I want to do. That includes my UFO's and "Want to try" projects. I keep telling myself not to get into dyeing fabrics!
Happy happy happy happy birthday and MANY more. 3 Cheers to you and yours and a bucket full of hugs.

Keep doing everything you do
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-27-2011, 02:03 PM

YES! love quilting, cross-stitching, made one scrap-book but no more, mainly just because I love stickers! Sewing things like baby burp cloths, receiving blankets, pet blankets, not enough time for it all!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Isn't it a shame when we don't read like we used too! I used to read, read, read. Now, I read on this board, then go to work, maybe get in a few minutes to quilt.[/quote]

I can't stay awake to read. If I get quiet, and comfortable, I'm asleep! And I used to read a lot.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa
hard to find a balance between quilting and my other arts as they all have seen to fell to the wayside for now and need to try and find a way to get a balance
Balance????????? Here's how my balance works. I fix hubby breakfast and pack his lunch, I so some dishes and some laundry, I fix supper.-------------THE BALANCE OF MY TIME is doing one of my hobbies.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I have cut back over the years. Now it's quilting, sewing craft, clothing, altered books, crochet, drawing, some writing and love reading, mysteries. Couple years ago I gave my son (who bakes) my cookie cutter collection, almost 400 cutters, all different. I still find myself looking for different cutters at yard sales.
I think I was a bad momma when my kids were growing up. I don't like making cookies. I can and I will when necessary, but you'll never catch me making cookies just for the fun of it. Kudos to those who enjoy making cookies (and candy!)
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
This is a quilting board but we all relate to the other creative outlets; sewing clothes, making dolls and purses, gardening, baking, painting. We are all so talented. So how do you turn down the offer of a FREE 60" Jack loom?
It's now sitting in my living room like a tombstone, (my sanctuary, by the way, far from the TV) and it can't go any further into the house. I have to give away a sofa and if I'm lucky it will just fit the same footprint. Am I interested in weaving? Always was, like so many other things. My life is tooooooooooo short for all my interests.
(My unfinished quilts (4) in the basement sewing room are NOT talking to me right now)
MaryKatherine
My hubby (bless his pea picking heart) would say that yes I have too may interests. I on the other hand say that No I don't. I want to learn to make Stained glass and a few other things that I am not aware of at this time. ;) ;) ;)