View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Quiltgranny

I too, have two Berninas, also two Singers and a Baby Lock. Of them all, I have to say I prefer the Berninas hands down. I have an old 730 Record and a computerized 1090 made in the early 90's. That one has needle up/down, both have the knee lifts and both make extremely awesome stitches. The Baby Lock gives me extra specialty stitches and the convenience of a couple of one step buttonholes, and the newer of the two Singers is light enough to take to class. The older Singer I'm still working on, bought it used for $20 in a table.

The other posters have given you some great ideas, but it does come down to what's important to you. Don't settle if you don't have to. Having an authorized dealer nearby, and one that has great customer service and classes to help you learn on your new machine are important, too. Test drive as many as you can

Sadly, the Berninas on Ebay these days are running much more expensive than they should be. Interest has driven the prices up horribly. You might have better luck on craigslist.com and of course local estate sales, etc. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on your decision.

Happy quilting!