Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM
zazulka

Originally Posted by Stitcher317
My hubby is a veterinarian. If you ever sat and watched an animal die from Parvo or Distemper you might change your opinion. Vaccines prevent this. States require vaccination against rabies for a reason, it works and it saves lives! All veterinarians practicing in this country today are trained and licensed to provide every service ranging from basic health exams to complicated surgeries covering almost every specialty. Yes, good medicine is costly. In over 40 years of practicing small animal medicine he tells me he has never had an animal die from a reaction to a vaccine.
Thank you. I work at an Animal Hospital. There are 1 year vaccines and 3 year vaccines. I have helped treat puppies with Parvo and have also watched them die because people would not vaccinate (or did not know ) to vaccinate their beloved pets. What the heck is the problem here? Find a vet that is reasonable and go to him/her for the shots. If you need something MAJOR, call around and find someone with a reputation for the broken bones, swallowed socks, intusseceptions, foreign bodies, inguinal hernies, splenectomies, mast cell tumor removals, RACL's and other knee problems, etc. Get a clue here and treat your pets like they're your kids (which I'm sure you do). Sorry to ramble on but I am serioys about pet care.!!!