View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Mo_Chride

GemState and humbird. thank you for your kind comments regarding my quilt. I don't really know many quilters IRL so I don't get much feedback on what I do. That is one reason I like this board so much. I have been posting a picture of that quilt every couple of months or so when I start lagging on it and feedback gets me remotivated on it again.

I will admit that the colours were not my original idea. I decided to do a GFG back in about March/April when I was looking for a handpieced quilt idea and someone on here posted about one. They had done the flowers while sitting with their husband during chemo treatments and now that the treatments were done couldn't face it anymore but it got me looking. In searching out GFG quilts I saw one someone had done that was in the style that I did. It had a black pathway and then gemtone flowers. I LOVED it so decided to do one like it. I can't remember where I saw it though or I would give credit to them.

I have found the handpiecing so addicting though that I am keeping my eyes out for more handpieced quilts so that I can do another one after this!