Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:36 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rainbow quilter
I'm sorry for what your friend is going through.

Just my opinion, but you may want to consider something other than a breast cancer theme. As a cancer survivor, cancer and its treatment takes over your life. I can't think of a single area of my life, from food to hobbies to work to bathroom habits. The one thing that I longed for most during 8 months of chemo and radiation was NORMAL. My vote is for something in bright, happy colors if you don't know her favorites.
Ditto to Rainbow Quilter's sentiments. And so sorry about your friend's diagnosis.

While I have not endured cancer personally, I have been down the road with others. "Normal" no longer exists in their lives, so a quilt reflecting their old normal would be loved immensely and help them to anchor to that past, that they want to return to in the future.

What colours does your friend adore? What are her interests? hobbies? passions? What are some of the special times the two of you have shared together?

There are so many specialized fabrics that can reflect those ... have fun looking for them and creating a unique quilt for your friend to enjoy ... and yourself too!