Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
KastleKitty

Rhonda,

I pulled out the box of miniatures that I started, made from scraps from men's casual pants that I had to cut off. I loved the colors together and the fabric has a slightly brushed finish. I want to work them onto a man's vest adding other similar weight fabrics to it. This was my first piecing project ever, and unknowingly I started on miniatures which seem to be a bit more difficult due to small size. It has been a UFO for 4 years now.

Keep in mind that the fabric is similar to a med-to-lightweight denim, and some of it is already cut into triangles giving me that difficult bias edge. I was thinking of ripping it all out and starting over to make the points match more accurately. The pictures don't show it, but some of them are quite mismatched. I thought in order to salvage the lot, I could even up the triangle squares using the template that measures 1 inch finished (or 1.5 incl seam). For the bears claws I can use the smallest template. My question is this; because the weight of the fabric is heavier than normal cottons used for quilting, do you think I can straighten it by redoing it, or am I better off leaving well enough alone? I have not yet taken the seam ripper to it! I would hate to just throw it out and start over with other fabric. These have a rugged male feel that quilting cotton does not have. Thanks! KastleKitty :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265830.jpe   attachment-265831.jpe   attachment-265832.jpe