View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Nolee

If that was our Walmart in Rochester, NY letting go 300 people, I'd sure understand it. They could care less about the customer. Have a close friend who is the greeter and she said the young people coming in are rude, foul-mouthed and could care less if they work or not. She is 65 and of the "old school of work ethics." She only works there because she has to but people who come in the door love her.

My husband and I are visiting our daughter in Georgia for the month and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The Walmart people here are SO much more friendly and actually help you when you need it, no matter what they are doing at the time. This Northerner sure appreciates Southern hospitality!!

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I loved my Hobby Lobby in GA. I have a Joann's here and really wasn't all that impressed. Talked to a manager yesterday at Walmart and she said they were getting fabric back in January. But when I was checking out I talked to the woman running the register and she said they had just laid off 50% of their people. Went from 600 employees to 300. That's just insane.