Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
GGJudy

Took my pfaff 7570 in for general maintenance and.of course they had to ask if I was perhaps looking for a new sewing machine. I indicated that if I purchased another machine it would be for a larger embroidery field - I am currently limited to 4 x 4 on my 7570.

They showed me two machines -- a Pfaff Creative Vision just traded in on the new Pfaff embroidery machine.... huge embroidery field ......$4500 with new machine warranty.

They also showed me a Babylock Ellageo which would require an external floppy drive to transfer designs -- $850. Largest hoop is approx 8 x 10.

The Pfaff creative vision looks amazing but I have read a good number of negative reviews about this machine. Most of them dated 2010, so not sure if downloads have fixed the problems. What excites me about this machine is the size of the hoops and the fact that I wouldn't have to hoop a section of the quilt to quilt it. It lays down a basting stitch around the perimeter of the hoop which holds the quilt tight while the embroidering (quilting) is going on. There is also the capability of designing exactly how you want that section of the quilt quilted.

Comments on either machine would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long.