Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have any experience with these two machines?? >

Anyone have any experience with these two machines??

Anyone have any experience with these two machines??

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM

Took my pfaff 7570 in for general maintenance and.of course they had to ask if I was perhaps looking for a new sewing machine. I indicated that if I purchased another machine it would be for a larger embroidery field - I am currently limited to 4 x 4 on my 7570.

They showed me two machines -- a Pfaff Creative Vision just traded in on the new Pfaff embroidery machine.... huge embroidery field ......$4500 with new machine warranty.

They also showed me a Babylock Ellageo which would require an external floppy drive to transfer designs -- $850. Largest hoop is approx 8 x 10.

The Pfaff creative vision looks amazing but I have read a good number of negative reviews about this machine. Most of them dated 2010, so not sure if downloads have fixed the problems. What excites me about this machine is the size of the hoops and the fact that I wouldn't have to hoop a section of the quilt to quilt it. It lays down a basting stitch around the perimeter of the hoop which holds the quilt tight while the embroidering (quilting) is going on. There is also the capability of designing exactly how you want that section of the quilt quilted.

Comments on either machine would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

I have an old Pfaff 7550 (made in Germany) and got a newer one (made in who-knows where) and boy, could I tell the difference in quality. Ended up giving it away to someone who had no preconceived notions about what a Pfaff should do. She wasn't a "bad" machine, she just wasn't up to par.

That said, I switched to a Baby Lock and LOVE my machine.

I'd suggest to test drive the heck out of both and see how they feel.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Check out reviews on patternreview.com. The CV 5.0 did have a lot of troubles, the upgrade to 5.5 was supposedly better. If you can avoid trading in your 7570, then keep it. It's said to be the best of the German-made Pfaffs, maybe best ever. Whatever you do, test-drive it very throroughly on your own samples (incl own thread, needles, tasks) and be sure you trust the dealer for such a huge purchase. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

I would talk to borntoquilt. She has a creative vision.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM

I have the babylock elegante and love it. All the babylocks are great
Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Babylock. There are still ongoing issues with Pfaff Creative Vision from what I have read.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

I have the CV and love it. I've had no trouble so far and I've had it 3 years and used it 500 hours. You may need to have lessons on it to get the full value. Some things are a little complicated. I've struggled on some things, but dealer is great about talking me through problems on the phone.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Can't give you an answer about the new machines, but I would NOT give up my 7570. In fact I would like to have another 7570.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:32 PM

I have the Babylock Ellure Plus. I know it is not high end, but I love it. The embroidery it does is wonderful. These machines are so easy to use. I had tried the Huskavarna machines and everyone else I took the learn your machine class with that machine. I was embroidering way be for them as they kept having to ajust their machine.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Thanks to all that responded. I would never give up my 7570 and I have thought better of the Pfaff CV. I am a quilter and I don't need all the bells and whistles the CV has. I'm going to think about this for a while. I appreciate all that responded.