Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rotita -- Anyone have any experience with this company??

Rotita -- Anyone have any experience with this company??

https://www.rotita.com/

I got attracted by a shiny ad and just love the look of the clothing here and the prices are good enough for cheap little me to let my pennies go. But most of the reviews are horrible. They do sell on Amazon which reassures me to some extent.

I mentioned in this thread that mostly right now I'm wearing flowy poly tops and yowza! they have what I like...
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/person...y-t306237.html

Wow! Some really bad reviews. Don't think I'd risk it but I understand the temptation. I came across a similar site recently and I loved their reasonably (cheap) priced clothing but the reviews made my decision easy. That being said, if you order and it's great, do let us know!

Blog Entries
    I went and looked and then looked for reviews. I did not see anything that was impressive in the reviews.

Blog Entries
    I checked the site out and also checked the contact us section to find out where they are located. They are in Shanghai China. I'm always leary of purchasing things from overseas, and even a lot here in the states. I can handle thins made overseas, but don't purchase from overseas companies. But at least if they are in the states, one often has a better chance of returns and compensations if things aren't right. I did notice that they had a Legal section also. I personally would prefer to spend my pennies here, but then I like to shop in the states.

I see a lot of things on Amazon that come from China, and the quality and sizing are usually questionable, unfortunately.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

I ordered from a flashy fashion group.....they too, were in China. The top arrived rolled up in a ball and when my daughter tried it on, she asked me if it was child's size.....it was about three sizes too small, but had the correct size on the label and the packing slip It cost me shipping to send back and I stopped a second order before they shipped.
    They do not size their clothing to US or even Europe sizing as far as I can tell. Beware. Now to get the pop up ads off of my computer.

check with Amazon to see if they are a third part seller. If so, don't buy from them. If you do not like what you buy, it is almost impossible to return and get your money back. Also, you have to pay the shipping cost to return the item.

I learned the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
    I ordered from a flashy fashion group.....they too, were in China. The top arrived rolled up in a ball and when my daughter tried it on, she asked me if it was child's size.....it was about three sizes too small, but had the correct size on the label and the packing slip It cost me shipping to send back and I stopped a second order before they shipped.
    They do not size their clothing to US or even Europe sizing as far as I can tell. Beware. Now to get the pop up ads off of my computer.
    This happened to me, too. I bought 3 for the price of 1 and really paid! They were all supposed to be XL but even my tiny little sister, a size XS, couldn't fit in them. they were poorly made. Very frustrating!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-13-2019 at 03:35 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

I have bought a couple of shirts from them. I bought the large size because I know that these things are usually "smaller". The large size did not fit, and the product took forever to get here. Also, while they appeared to be a poly type fabric, they required ironing. I don't iron anything anymore, except quilting material of course.

I would not order from them. I just went through a similar situation where the ad showed some very cute shoes at a reasonable price. The pair that arrived was not even the same color, were made of plastic and at least 1 size too small. The reviews were good and mentioned easy returns, but when I made the effort to return them I would have had to send them to BC Canada (they came from China too) , fill out customs papers and retrieve only about $8. They will become a gag gift this Christmas. "Fool me once shame on you...."

I try to avoid anything made in China even quilting fabric. The items are full of chemicals and made with every short cut possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juliea9967 View Post
    I have bought a couple of shirts from them. I bought the large size because I know that these things are usually "smaller". The large size did not fit, and the product took forever to get here. Also, while they appeared to be a poly type fabric, they required ironing. I don't iron anything anymore, except quilting material of course.
    I bought an adorable red jacket in a larger size knowing it would run small. My daughter who is a size 2 barely could wear the XL. It took weeks and weeks to get here. I will not be fooled by their great ad pictures again. If prices are too good to be true they probably are a dud, in my experience. Sad.

Blog Entries
    All i can say is the tops look soooooooo much better on the models than they do on me!

I have purchased four bathing suits from them (2 a year ago and 2 approx. a month ago) and was not disappointed in the least and the sizes seemed right on.

I love Alfred Dunner tops and pants so I ordered two new ones from a company I use often. When they came I saw they were made in China. I tried on one and it was fine but the second one I could not get my head through the top. After I finally got myself untangled from it I looked and it looked like they has sewn the neckline front and back together. I thought I could fix it myself and not have to send it back. I got my ripper but could not find stitches to start cutting so I pulled hard on it and it started ripping apart without ripping the fabric, then I saw they had ironed on stones around the top front and they had glued through both layers of fabric. Thank goodness I got it apart without damaging it. It was not the first time I have had to fix or remake something made in China.