View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
PKITTY1

I do like Hobby Lobby. They don't have a large selection of fabrics like Joann's but they do have a wide range of other craft items. They have alot more varieties of yarn. They carry different cross stitch kits than Joann's and carry alot more of the stamped embroidery linens. They have a decent jewelry department. They have great clearances in books, etc...when you catch them, they are worth the drive! They have really nice decor items and I think better florals. Their seasonal merchandise is nicer. I'm not a scrapbooker but I have to say that when I needed a specific type of sticker for a card I was making, they had what I wanted and no one else did. They have large foam board rectangles (about six feet I think is measurement-looks like it would make four of the normal sized 2 by 3 feet ones in Joann's)in the art department that can be cut down into mini bolts for your larger pieces of fabric. The down side is that you only get one coupon a week and sometimes, at least here in Nashville, the coupon might not be for 40% of a regular priced item but a % off bakeware, etc...I like shopping there and you will too. I still use Joann's as my go to place because I get more coupons, less restrictions for their use, have 10% discount card to them from Quilter's Club of America, and it is closer to me than Hobby Lobby.