View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Just Jan

Any ideas what that quilter would have made out of them.? Any ideas what pattern I could do with these?[/quote]
Yes!!! I just figured out a really neat block for you. Take four 7 1/2" squares and twelve 6x2" strips. I will call the 6" strips logs... Cut four of the logs into 2" squares so you have 12 little squares, and leave 8 logs as they were. Mix up the colors of the little squares to make it scrappy.
Take one log and sew one little square to the end of it. Sew this to the right side of the big square, with the little square at the bottom. Your block will now measure 9" across by 7 1/2" down. Lay it aside. Take another log and sew a little square to the bottom end of it.Then add a second little square of another color to first little square. You should have a log, then a square, then a square, and that strip will measure 9" x 2". Sew this across the bottom of the first part of your block. Your three little scrappy squares will touch in the bottom right corner of the finished block. Repeat to make the other three blocks.