View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 AM
auniqueview

Originally Posted by Michellesews
Sometimes, as quilters, we must develop a thick skin. Also we must remember THAT ONLY A QUILTER knows how much time, work, planning and $$$ goes into making a quilt! I once made a beautiful quilt with applique Scottie dogs on it because the recipient had a Scottie dog....she thought the quilt was for the dog and gave it to the dog. I was crushed, but I loved her, love her still and let it go....
Michelle
I am actually pleased at the number of people I have seen talk about the quilts they have made for dogs (and cats). I make nice soft beds for mine and for the pets of friends of mine. Yesterday, on my happy happy joy joy shopping adventure, I found two beautiful quilt pillow shams at S.A., and bought them for the dogs.

And, since we get to be on our soap boxes....these tops are beautiful. I looked them over quite carefully. I was admiring the embroidered flowers on them, and wishing I could do the really nice quilting job. The fabric is good quality, nice and heavy. Now is where you get to throw something at me. They are made in China, bought at Pennys. Sorry girls, but the poor little slave labor girls that did these knew what they were doing, and the FMQ on them is just gorgeous. Just because they worked for nothing doesn't mean they didn't know what they were doing. I think it is time that people stop looking down on those who do what they have to to survive. I am sure if they had a choice, they would rather make higher wages and have better working conditions, too. Yes, the material is a pattern, but hey....we use panels too. Okay, off the soapbox.