View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

You know, I have found that even though a lot of people could care less about quilts, they often DO appreciate the time that goes into them, but just don't really want them for themselves. I appreciate antique cars, but I don't have the need, want, or place to own one.

I also figure some day I'm gonna croak and leave my kids with A LOT of quilts and quilting paraphanelia. I'll feel blessed if one of my three daughters takes up the art themselves, but they are going to have their own families and houses full of their own stuff. I'm sure they'll keep some of my quilts, but it's not likely that they will keep ALL of them, especially the unfinished ones. So I don't find it all that unreasonable for them to give some away or sell some, and that may very well be a lot of what we see when we see quilts for sale. Not that they were necessarily unloved, but maybe there were LOTS to love and those were the ones they were willing to part with so they could make room for and treasure the others.

Now what makes me mad...is when I see a quilt that has been cut into a hundred pieces to clean a car engine with! LOL* THAT I will raise my voice at! LOL* :)