View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
omak

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by omak
http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

THis has been a big encouragement for my organizing attempts.
that woman has too much time on her hands. who does her housework? yes ladies. housework. :lol: :lol:
NO! WOOORRRKKK??? And, house work is even worst! I have done very well getting by on my good looks, charming personality, and quick wit ... why ever would I want to get involved in that other thing??? LOL
I suspect that Miss Bonnie is more organized than most people who follow her lead. And, on one of these threads I was reading about taking a box of my scraps and starting to work through them, but it never seems less full - - I concur!
I have a theory ... as long as I keep the lid on the box, the fabric is compactly packed ... the moment I lift the lid and start sewing pieces together, the air causes the fabric to expand ... I spent a WEEK one time sewing flying geese, and I promise you! I had MORE fabric in the box I started with than when I started. So, I am thinking:
Maybe I ought to just admit I have a lot of scraps and let it go at that <g>.
Actually, if you read Miss Bonnie's explanation of what she is doing, she set a goal for herself to NOT go buy more fabric at the LQS ... she would be my ideal woman if I were looking for a role model <g>, not only has she created this fantastic system that she freely shares with all of us, but she also makes all these patterns with photo illustrations, AND has a thriving quilting business! Just a very capable woman, to say the least! <g>