Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where did I see this... >

Where did I see this...

Where did I see this...

Old 07-10-2009, 10:46 PM

HMK...Love your color choices. Quiltville is awsome!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by omak

NO! WOOORRRKKK??? And, house work is even worst! I have done very well getting by on my good looks, charming personality, and quick wit ... why ever would I want to get involved in that other thing??? LOL
I suspect that Miss Bonnie is more organized than most people who follow her lead. And, on one of these threads I was reading about taking a box of my scraps and starting to work through them, but it never seems less full - - I concur!
I have a theory ... as long as I keep the lid on the box, the fabric is compactly packed ... the moment I lift the lid and start sewing pieces together, the air causes the fabric to expand ... I spent a WEEK one time sewing flying geese, and I promise you! I had MORE fabric in the box I started with than when I started. So, I am thinking:
Maybe I ought to just admit I have a lot of scraps and let it go at that <g>.
Actually, if you read Miss Bonnie's explanation of what she is doing, she set a goal for herself to NOT go buy more fabric at the LQS ... she would be my ideal woman if I were looking for a role model <g>, not only has she created this fantastic system that she freely shares with all of us, but she also makes all these patterns with photo illustrations, AND has a thriving quilting business! Just a very capable woman, to say the least! <g>
ah! but where do those scraps come from? if you look at her site, all her quilts are done from scraps.

so where do the scraps come from? huh?

and face it, we would never bother to cut 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, etc. strips. no way, no how.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 PM

LOL ... I am being honest, and yes, I do cut strips that small ... <g>
it is the perfect thing for this person inside me who loves doing repetitive motions for hours at a time ... LOL
now, the housework? Would you believe my vacuum cleaner is actually a sixteen horse power shop vac?
In self-defense, though, we live in a desert with LOTS of sand ... vacuum doens'st live very long out here on the range! LOL
Old 07-12-2009, 04:47 AM

omak, i bow before you.

i save all my itty-bitties in a plastic drawer, but don't cut until i need them, because i never know what size i will need what color

but housework? come to my house, please. i'll save everything on the floor for you. only kidding. i admit to housework, even though i hate it. you're still welcome to come on over.

btw. i've always loved that website. i introduced a lazy quilter-friend to it and she's been string-happy ever since.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
omak, i bow before you.

i save all my itty-bitties in a plastic drawer, but don't cut until i need them, because i never know what size i will need what color

but housework? come to my house, please. i'll save everything on the floor for you. only kidding. i admit to housework, even though i hate it. you're still welcome to come on over.

btw. i've always loved that website. i introduced a lazy quilter-friend to it and she's been string-happy ever since.
LOL ... sometimes,all it takes is a little encouragement, eh?
I didn't say I had actually SUCCEEDED at cutting up and storing all my little scraps, technically, I meant that there are times that I just LOVE to sit and cut pieces into smaller pieces, and I like her website, too ...
As I tell a lot of my friends "We all must have our ideals" and my ideal (one of many) would be to have a truly organized living space. Too flighty for that <g> of course a real homemaker KNOWS what I mean isn't flighty ... it is spoiled ROTTEN! LOL
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM

yay for us!