View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:31 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by grdmachris
The reason I gave it to her was to endear her to me and it failed. I don't put myself in that position anymore. Hurtd yo much to be slapped in the face. My Grandkids asked what kind of quilt they were getting for Christmas this year. I am not making them one this year and I told them that and they just looked to me like I had crushed them. So plan s for neew quilts for next year are in the works.
Sounds like the grandkids are the ones who want and will cherish the quilts.

It is wise to think about who will love and appreciate our gifts. I've debated making my mom a quilt simply because I know that she buys things so inexpensively that I'm not sure she would appreciate the time I put into one (and the money). However, I made my dad a John Deere quilt a couple of years ago and he uses it almost every day as his lap blanket! It isn't because mom doesn't love me. That simply isn't true--it is because she can buy things so cheaply at yard sales and such, that I'm not sure that the difference I would spend in getting the fabrics and making it would be appreciated by her. However...the truth is, I have most of the fabrics I would need in order to make her one. I probably should do it. :)