View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Digitizingqueen

ok I feel like quilts are to be love if it is supposed to be on display put a sleeve on it before you gift it and make a hanger for the person of course if you do this if it doesn't go with their decor you will be in trouble....or worse Hurt

When I first started quilting 3 years ago (been sewing for 40 years but quilting is a completely different art form - I had attempted quilts before that but until I actually learned mine were not useable had 2 I donated that were ok and 2 I made that pretty much fell apart.... I made my two grandsons quilts and since my sons little boy was born (he is a year old now) I made him two quilts the boys drag them to watch tv they drag them to sit on the floor they sleep with them but they are loved and they know where they came from ... now to funny stories about the youngest of the two He's 3 and he was about 2 when he got his first quilt because I gave it to him at my moms he thought she had given it to him it took several months and me sewing on a label in front of him to convince him I made it - other story is I borrowed a small alien quilt i had made for him (he knew that one was from me) it was when I was doing show an tell about my long arm business and I needed a kids quilt to show - anyway after asking and take the quilt (he was ok until I tried to leave) I brought it back he comes in the room took one look at what I had in my hands grabbed it and ran off he came back a few min later no quilt - he had taken it and hidden it so I wouldn't take it again to say he loves his quilts in an understatement :-)