Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Boxer mom

Anyone heard of or have Bailey's longarm machine, I found this web site from a quilting magazine ..http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/index.html...I would assume it would be a good machine if the magazine had them in it. I am looking to buy a new machine.

I want a machine that can go on or off of a frame, want it to have a stich regulator and either a lazer to follow patterns or on for stencils or the roll pattern (I think they call them pantagraphs). I would like for it to have decorative stiches so I would not have to use two machines at one time.

I am just so lost on what I really want/need in a machine and which machine I want/need for my first quilting machine. I want to start doing my own quilting and know for sure I want the stitch regulator.

I have been going around looking at machines and getting info on them. My problem is the cost. So far I really like the Bernina 820 but has a price tag of $6299 amd then I will still need to buy the frame at around $600.

I also like the sweet sixteen atarting at $4999 and will need to get a frame also for it. Then I have found a Juki TL98Q and a 8' frame for $2700 online.

I have looked at the Brothers Laura Ashley (Innov-'is NX200) at $2199, a Juki TL200QI at $899, a Brother PQ1500S at $599.

I was hoping to keep my price between $3-5000 including the frame, but now I see that depending on which way I go I may need to spend more. We might be doing the full time RV thing in the next year so want something that can travel easy and light with as little as possible to be able to do it all, i.e. sew, peice, decortive stitch and quilting either with or with out a frame.

HELP ME I AM DROWING!!!