Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 AM
betlinsmom

AAAHHHH, Christmas!! As a child we perused the Sears catalog and window shopped all over town. my Momma would have us make a list of what we wanted and prioritized, too. Kids too young to write enlisted older siblings for lists making. Momma and Daddy would buy us one big thing and smaller fill in gifts. I always had my heart set on a new doll and we got doll clothes etc to match. My brothers got boy stuff; GIJoe and artillery pcs. One year when my youngest brother was 5 my Daddy had to work late and so called to ask for my brother next older than me would put together a Might Moe cannon. Rob and his friend Ronnie both 15 years old put the cannon together and got carried away...they woke us all up firing that cannon into the tree and knocking off ornaments!! We spend part of each Christmas retelling this and other wonderful memories. My kids are grown and have moved away so I am almost afraid to think of Christmas this year. I hope they come home. I will cook and bake for days and days and I have been shopping and sewing since August. if I have to ship gifts to my granddaugters I better hurry but my husband nd I will go to church and play C mas music and watch movies and be reminded with a full heart how very blessed we are!!!