Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Sophie2

Originally Posted by GwynR
I would never put my machine away either. Just put a cover on it. I always put my scissors, pins, etc to the right of the machine so would want a few inches there. Drawers under the right would be where I kept embroidery thread, drawers under the left, notions, along with some cotton thread. I saw one with the drawers to the left on rollers so you could pull that out and have a small cutting mat on top. I loved that feature! A narrow tall slot for large rulers would make me happy. Somehow, everywhere I put them in my sewing room, they just don't "fit", and get lost! The smaller ones are no problem.

The lift mechanism is great if your machine is also an embrodery machine and you need it lifted to use the hoop attachment. I am going to post a picture of my sewing unit a friend made for me. I have two drawers to the left of my sewing machine. I can open them up and put an extension leaf on top of the drawers. Love it when I am quilting large quilts. The two drawn unit below the drawers can be moved around but supports the drawers when they are open with the extension on top.

machine area (5)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269492[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-269439.jpe