Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I know this subject has been discussed before but then so have many others and we still always manage to find new things to say. :mrgreen:

I see so many threads on here about 'mile a minute', '10 minute blocks', 'quilt in a day', 'fast and frenzied' (OK I made the last one up!) and I really don't get it. There are also a bazillion books on the same theme. To me quilting is my passion and I love doing it. So I enjoy the process, the actual journey of designing, selecting fabrics, piecing, quilting, embellishing and binding.

If I just wanted to get something done quick then I could buy something cheap. Of course I sometimes have to work to deadlines, on a commission piece, a piece for a show or a gift for someone and I'm not referring to those kinds of occasions.

But this is a serious question - can all you 'race to the finishers' explain to me what actual pleasure you get if any from the process? Or is it only the sense of achievement in the finished quilt? Or is it that boredom sets in and you just want to move on to the next project? I can relate to the last one which is why I operate a multi-WIP system, but everything gets worked on and finished in the end and with the exception of SOME of the occasions with deadlines mentioned above, I ALWAYS enjoy the process - otherwise, what's the point? :-)

Just askin'...