Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by woody
I love the whole process, especially hand sewing the binding down :mrgreen: such a feeling of accomplishment, but most of the time I'm not in any particular hurry, if life get's in the way, so be it. I'm finding it so relaxing to do some hand piecing while watching TV with the family in the evenings, I never thought I would enjoy hand work, but at the moment I am loving it.
I love trying new techniques, some of which I have vowed not to repeat :wink: like a large quilt of identical blocks :mrgreen: But I am persistent and feel pleased with myself to have finished it. If I really hated something I think I would cut my losses and just not finish it.
I'm not really interested in doing just a quick quilt, I want each quilt to teach me something new, to try a new colour combination, a different way of doing the traditional blocks so they look new again. I have only been quilting for 2 1/2 years and I don't think I will run out of new things to try any time soon. So far I have not made a repeat of a pattern except the OBW's (I think they each turn out different)
DH is only starting to understand how I feel about quilting, he always used to ask, "who is that quilt for?" now I think he is realizing that it doesn't matter who it's for, but what I learn by making it :idea:
I do enjoy making quilts for others that appreciate them, and they are not always to my taste, but they have all taught me something. :thumbup:
I think we're twins separated at birth. :mrgreen: And I think I know by 'twin ESP' the large quilt of identical blocks you're referring to. :lol: