Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM
candi

Very interesting discussion.
I work full time, and have many hobbies that take a lot of my time, but A couple of years ago, I accidentally came across a quilting class when I knew nothing of sewing or fabric. It was very difficult for someone who had never even touched a sewing machine to take a beginning quilting class making HST and QST, but I loved it. And when I had the chance, I bought my first sewing machine and started making quilts. In every quilt I chose, I looked for something different with a new challenge, and taught myself to paper piece, picture piece, applique, sew Y seams, FMQ and long arm quilt, mind you not a master in any domain but do decent work if I say so myself. :mrgreen: I love the whole process and I have been enjoying designing some quilts. No one in my family expects me to quilt for them, nor do I have that as a goal, it is just my hobby and I enjoy the process and learn from the journey, no rush to finish although I do love the sense of accomplishment when I do finish.
Having an obsessive personality though, I am very focused and do tend to finish quilts that some may call difficult fairly quickly considering.

And just to add, I have no UFOs, although I tend to start a few projects together, I do finish them together.