View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Bobbinchick

My sister and I were all weekend studying books on vintage and antique glassware and ever since we have been looking for some goodies. I have a hefty collection of teapots and some of the plates that Mom had given me are antique, over 120 years old. Some used to belong to my great grand ma. I have not paid a whole lot for this stuff,,, just happen to get a good deal on the glassware and then I happen to look up the double candle stick holder and found a set just exactly like mine and found that they are vintage, but not sure about them being antiques. As far as the larger goblets are concerned, I don't think they are worth much and there were some pretty amber glasses, but there is so much etching on them, probably caused from an dish washer. Well when Sis and I were at our parent's houe taking care of them, we did have time for some thrift store and yard sales so we went. Mom went with us toom but on the third day we went we did not take her along. She wanted to go once she found out we left to go. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay