Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Thrift store and yard sale finds >

Thrift store and yard sale finds

Thrift store and yard sale finds

Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 PM

:-D :-D :-D Not quilts or machines and the like, but I just love these items I got at some thrift stores and yard sales. The small wine glasses that are in the front are some that Mom gave me. These are pretty small and will be for display, but I have another box with larger ones that will be used on special occations and such. There is the heavey glass wine decantor in the back, but not sure if it is pressed glass or depression glass. The large goblets do not have a seam in the then so I don't know what they are. They are pretty in the light as they have a very pale yellow hue to them. The two double candle stick holders are vintage and are a rare find. Paid $5.00 for each and I saw on ebay they wanted over $40.00 for some exactly like mine. The tea pot with the butterfly matches a plate that I have that has the same designs on it. and the shortest tea pot is a beauty and I just love it. Went back and got the taller one the next day. There is a hand cut crystal salt & pepper shaker there too and that plate with the etched tulips is beautiful too. The blue and white bowl with the pitchur sitting in it, I got that at a yard sale for a dollar. There is also a glass tea bag holder and an unusual tea strainer there too and a tea ball shaped like a heart. Now once I get that corner cleaned up and my yarns and stuff packed away, I will move the white book case over there and put every thing on it and some will go in the china cabinet and some will go into the entertainment center. Now going to try to pack up the stereo for Sis and put that where it will go with her next time she comes over. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270321.jpe   attachment-270322.jpe  
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Beautiful selection of glassware and teapots. Am envious!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Pretty!! I love glass and crystal...the only thing that stops me from going full out to collect it is that I know little of it's value! I don't like paying more than something is worth, ya know?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM

My sister would be so envious! She collects dishes/glassware too!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 PM

My sister and I were all weekend studying books on vintage and antique glassware and ever since we have been looking for some goodies. I have a hefty collection of teapots and some of the plates that Mom had given me are antique, over 120 years old. Some used to belong to my great grand ma. I have not paid a whole lot for this stuff,,, just happen to get a good deal on the glassware and then I happen to look up the double candle stick holder and found a set just exactly like mine and found that they are vintage, but not sure about them being antiques. As far as the larger goblets are concerned, I don't think they are worth much and there were some pretty amber glasses, but there is so much etching on them, probably caused from an dish washer. Well when Sis and I were at our parent's houe taking care of them, we did have time for some thrift store and yard sales so we went. Mom went with us toom but on the third day we went we did not take her along. She wanted to go once she found out we left to go. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Power Poster

:thumbup:
Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 AM

beautiful items. Great finds.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 AM

Love the tea items! The glassware is lovely too.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Neat finds you have there!!