Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Thrift store and yard sale finds >

Thrift store and yard sale finds

Thrift store and yard sale finds

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

I love the thrift shops even if I don't get anything. Just to look at the beautiful things people unload is fascinating.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 AM

now you need to quilt some tea cozies for the teapots...and some coasters for the glasses...lol...Naomi
Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 AM

Fay, the small wine glass next to the tea pot is exactly like the ones I have that were my grandmothers. She died 56 years ago at the age of 84, so it is for sure those are antique. I have a cup and saucer that I believe matches the teapot with the butterfly lid. It is a little hard to determine if the pattern is exactly the same, but I think so. If so, that isn't very old. That tulip plate is beautiful!! Carol
Old 10-13-2011, 06:42 AM

Love your glassware especially your teapots. I bought a couple from ebay last year just so I could have one, but it's hard to find one without a chip in the spout. Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Fay, the small wine glass next to the tea pot is exactly like the ones I have that were my grandmothers. She died 56 years ago at the age of 84, so it is for sure those are antique. I have a cup and saucer that I believe matches the teapot with the butterfly lid. It is a little hard to determine if the pattern is exactly the same, but I think so. If so, that isn't very old. That tulip plate is beautiful!! Carol
:-D :-D :-D Thanks Carol. Are you talking about the wine glasses next to the blue and white tea pot or the butterfly one? I have another box of the ones with the pattern on them, the ones that flare out more than the real little ones by the butterfly tea pots. I knew the butterfly tea pot is not very old at all. I bought it becauses it matches the plate I have also. The other two tea pots may not be very old either, but I like them. I do have some vintage ones in my china cabinet and one is the one that my Dad's parents gave them when they got married around 70 years ago. It's funny because you never know what is antique or what is just vintage or what is just not very old at all. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Fay, I'm talking about the small wine glass that I can see closest to the pot with the butterfly on the lid.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
Beautiful selection of glassware and teapots. Am envious!
Me too. Even though I don't have room for anymore stuff I certainly would have grabbed the blue and white tea pots. I have a lot of blue and white dishes and tea pots in my dining room hutch and on wall shelves in my kitchen and could always squeeze in a few more.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Fay, I'm talking about the small wine glass that I can see closest to the pot with the butterfly on the lid.
:-D :-D I thought maybe you were talking about those ones. Shoot if Mom has any more of that kind, I'll grab them. She is trying ot get rid of some stuff before it is too late. both Mom and my stepdad are getting awful forgetful these days and they just made changes to thier wills. THey are both in thier mid 80's and are going down hill. I really have more than I need , but every thing will look great once they are put in display and such. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay