Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 AM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by woody
Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie
Yes they can fend for themselves but it's that ugly truth of when im busy everyone wants me!!
Oh I know that feeling! Be horrible, like me, so they buzz off and leave you in peace! :twisted: :lol:
Oooooh!!! I thought I was just going through perimenopause, because I have been so horrible lately, :evil: :evil: but really deep down I must want everyone to leave me alone to quilt in peace :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking of making a sign for my studio door - 'Artist at Work - Whatever You Want, the Answer is NO - Now Buzz Off!'

:twisted: :lol:
My dad had 'studio hours' and we were not to interrupt him during those periods every day. It was as if he was away at work except he was wasn't 'away' physically. If it was an emergency (a boy called and wanted to take us for a burger or something), we'd ask Mom to ask him for us. It was all perfectly normal to us growing up.

I know from blogs that many studio quilters work the same way...set hours. It gives discipline to the creative process and stability to the family's 'doings'.