Old 10-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Great-great granny
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Then there are times when I feel stressed so I get out my scrap stash and make a bunch of string blocks.
Now THIS I can relate to - quilting as therapy! If I'm wound up about something, I FMQ pebbles - acres of 'em if necessary! Once you've had a while of ONLY having to think what size, shape and where the next pebble is going, the worries of the world just melt away... :-D
YESSSS - this one is me many times. I hand quilt at a large frame (it can adjust to a king size), so over the years I have 'thought thru' MANY troubles sitting at it.

I think it has to do w/the fast pace of society today. New technology seems to encourage 'hurry, hurry, hurry, making everything supposedly easier & faster to do. The younger generations seem to be in such a hurry.

I had been 'out' of the quilting world for quite awhile when I joined here & was amazed at seeing the QUANTITY of quilts being done - until I realized they were being machine quilted. Previously, when I was active I'd never heard of the machines except for commercial pieces.

I know I'm really showing my age, but I think it's sad so many have no idea of what they are missing by not slowing down to smell the roses.

Regardless, here again it is all a personal choice & thank God we each have different likes/dislikes - otherwise it would sure be a pitiful world :lol:

Everyone have a blessed day & may all your quilts be filled w/LOVE

Hugs