Old 10-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Have you tried a Naturopath? Sounds like someone that stays away from medications/prescriptions may be right up your alley.
I agree with this.
Long story, tried to make it shorter: I have a friend whose cholesterol tested at 319 at age 40. Was told to excercise and cut out red meat, butter, eggs, etc., in addition to the meds the doc prescribed. Couldn't get the count under 300. Fast forward to age 65, she started getting rashes on her arms and face. Went to doc after doc after doc, all they did was prescribe creams to treat the symptoms. She wanted to know what was CAUSING the rashes. She finally went to Naturopath and underwent some bizarre testing. Naturopath told her to cut out all wheat, soy, corn, sugar, etc. Put her on a strict diet & gradually added some stuff back in. She also quit taking ALL her meds. Her approved diet included eggs, red meat, and clarified butter. Not only did the rashes go away, but she also dropped 30 pounds and HER CHOLESTEROL DROPPED TO 200.

What I take from this story? The "rules" that doctors are trained to follow don't always apply to everyone.