Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 AM
meemersmom

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Another thought (I work for a physician).....The general medical community gets unreasonably testy if a patient admits to searching on the internet for medical info. Really gets their hackles up. Okay to mention you've been doing some research on your own but best not to admit to Googling.
I would go along with this. In my experience (I work with doctors on a daily basis), and in the defense of the doctors, they are immediately put on the defensive when a patient comes in and insists they have a particular illness and that the doctor must prescribe a particular medication because that is the only thing that will work. You would be shocked at how many people actually do that!! Also, many doctors do much more than they really have to during these exams because they are afraid of being sued. I'm not saying there aren't bad doctors out there, but there are far more good than bad.

As for the OP, definitely fire your doctor!! You wouldn't put up with that treatment from a friend or family member, why would you put up with it from an employee (yes, the doctor works for you!!)? Do you know any nurses? Ask a nurse who they would go see, and you'll probably find a good physician.