View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
lizbeth44

Hello from northern Alabama, I've begun to really want to quilt again. We moved to the county, after living just south of Birmingham for 27yrs. Ahhh, to breath county air once again, wonderful. Bounty county is beautiful. Living across from Pine Mt. is God given. About the washing fabric, i use to dye TY beanie bears for myself and others. I learned to use salt and rinse in vinegar. I now wash all our clothes in cold water and use vinegar in the rinse. It removes all the soap stuff. Also great for the hair, only use apple cider vingar. I've rinsed much fabric and ready to press. Going to make our daughter, her finacee and my sister a quilt for Christmas. Also have email all my email friends to get their input on ....ready....... on an "email friendship" quilt.... So far I've gotten reply from 3...they like the idea. This also inclueds family. I will put their name and email address on their block and if anyone of them wants a block from me i'll make'em one. If they don't sew they can frame it. I thought it was a cooool idea. One i haven't heard of. Glad to find this message board. Sometimes i need different inputs to a question or to find a pattern. I am looking for a full size pattern for a Arabic Lattice. This one has a 4-patch in the middle. I've done a search and haven't found one i can print. Nice to meet you all. will be around.... lizbeth44