View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Lisa T

Ok- I think I was confused last night. You guys are right- the 440 does have the BSR standard, so what I would be getting is the 430. I could add it later for about $1000. Other than that, they are the same machine I think.

I tried to edit my post heading but couldn't. How do people add the extra stuff to their post titles later on? Like some people say (Update on page 7) or something.

ETA- And thanks for all the input. It really does help!

Regarding the Janome machines- I wore out (or broke?) one of the cheaper ones ($250) in 6 months and had bad service from Sears over it and so it left a bad taste in my mouth for that brand. I imagine the ones that Sears carries are not the same as the dealer ones, but I am staying away from it.

I have never even laid eyes on a Pfaff, so I don't think we have anyone local for those. I want to stay fairly local- at least under an hour.

Lacelady- your FMQ is beautiful, but I bet you would do gorgeous work even without the BSR. I have seen your other stuff and you are extremely talented. I wish I had tried it while I was there, but I can't really afford it at this point- it adds a thousand dollars and that is too much for me.

sewjoyce- I loved the wavy line quilting stitch. I would use that one right away, doing parallel wavy lines.

quiltykitty- the Joann's here is where I tried out the Viking Sapphire. They would only give me $100 off for the floor model. So the new in box one is $1999, I could get the display one for $1899. (Both places are only giving me $100 off for a floor model. My husband thinks I should get one in the box if I can only save that much. He is probably right.) I got to try the Diamond while I was at Joann's and it was AMAZING, but then I had to come back to earth. LOL! I think it was $7000? The stitching area was HUGE. I loved it. Could you pm me and maybe I can get you to forward those emails?

farscape- that is a nice "gut feeling" indicator and makes me feel better about my choice which I think is going to be the Bernina. I am up to 80/20 for the Bernina. LOL!