Old 10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by 1000projects
I do really want a vintage singer for frame quilting. Maybe I am nuts! I also want my replacement machine to do a really great job with FMQ, have a compatible stitch regulator, and not break needles and make rats nests like my current %@*! Viking does. So I think I am going to "settle" for a modern machine.

From the picture I posted above, it seemed like maybe that was a lovely vintage mid-arm machine. The shape is so graceful, it really looks like a much larger throat machine than it is.
I don't think you are nuts!... From what I am seeing, there are several people who use a vintage machine for their quilting...I actually inherited my great-grandma's vintage singer, it is in the original treadle cabinet, although "Ma" at some point had an electric motor added to it. I have never used it, only have it out for display, and actually admitted on here I never thought about using it to quilt... :oops: It never dawned on me until I started researching about it, and happened upon a whole group of people who use their vintage machines for just that purpose...
Good luck to you,
Kif